Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic on heavy duty trucks and trailers.
- Experience working on Diesel engines and hydraulics, transmissions and differentials.
- In-depth knowledge of Internal Combustion Engines (both gas and diesel) DC Electrical Systems, Propane Systems, Hydraulics, and Heavy Trucks/Automotive.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot: Fuel Systems, Electrical Systems, Hydraulic Systems, and Propane Systems.
- Qualification to examine and issue safety certificate for commercial tractor and trailers. CVIP (Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program) License preferred.
- Ability to read, operate and comprehend diagnostic and manual measuring tools
- Ability to understand and effectively use computer equipment including computers for diagnostics.
- Prior experience participating in CVIP (Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program).
- An understanding of the urgency of high profile construction projects.
- Able to lift up to 50+ lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to read and understand parts and service manuals in English.
- Peterbilt and/or Kenworth experience would be considered an asset.
- Cummins ISX training would be considered an asset.
- Must have valid Class 5 driver’s license with Q (air brakes) endorsement or class 3 license and a clean current drivers abstract.
- Must have own transportation with strong knowledge of Calgary and surrounding area.
- Dedicated, reliable and hard working
- Must be able to work as a member of a greater team
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Must be available to work long hours including evenings and weekends during the busy season April to December.
- Required to work inside and outside through all seasons (winter, spring, fall and summer).
- Demanding position as it requires dependability for equipment to run.
- Must have CSA approved safety boots.
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Technician or Heavy Equipment Technician 3/4th year Registered Apprentice.
- Safety Certificates are considered an asset.
- Additional education or work experience considered an asset.
Location: 64 Technology Way, Calgary AB. T3S 0B9
North Star Contracting is an equal opportunity employer and values the commitment of providing a good culture and fostering a team work-ethic to our employees. The safety and professionalism of our people are at the forefront of our business strategy and we are committed to providing the tools to help our people grow.